- Established as Takamatsu Higher Commercial School in December, 1923.
- Student enrollment began in April, 1924.
- Higher Specialized Courses started in 1928.
- Renamed Takamatsu Specialzed School of Economics in 1944.
- Integrated to Kagawa University in 1949 as the Faculty of Economics. The Faculty had a single department:
the Department of Economics. The Institute of Economic Research was established in the same year.
- A second department, the Department of Business Administration, was added in 1965.
- A third department, the Department of Information Science was added in 1971.
- A law course, later became the Faculty of Law, was introduced in the Department of Economics in 1976.
- The Graduate School of Economics (master's course) was established in 1979.
- A fourth department, the Department of Regional and Social Systems, was established in 1995.
- The four departments were reorganized into three departments: Economics, Business Administration and Regional and Social Systems in 1998.
- A second master's course on Enterprise and Business, later became the Business School of Regional Management, was introduced to the Graduate School of Economics in 2000.
- The Graduate School of Economics was reorganized to have a single Master's Course in Economics in 2004.
- In 2018, the Faculty was reorganized to have a single Department of Economics with five areas of specialization:
Economic Theory and Policy Analysis, Accounting and Finance, Business Administration and Innovation, Tourism and Regional Development, and Global Social Economy.